Truffle Butter Chicken Roast
- 1 (4-5lbs) whole organic chicken
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 8 strings of fresh thyme
- 1 lemons
- 1 heads garlic, cut in 1/2 crosswise
- 3 tablespoons of white truffle butter, room-temperature
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2 onions
- 1 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 8 fingering potatoes
- 3 tbs of Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out.
- Remove any excess fat and pat the outside dry.
- Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with 6 strings of thyme, 1 lemon, halved, and 2 halves of the garlic.
- Gently run your fingers between the skin and the meat to loosen the skin, taking care not to tear the skin. Place the softened white truffle butter under the skin and gently massage the skin to spread the butter.
- Massage the outside of the chicken with the remaining truffle butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
- Cut onion, carrots, and parsnip in bite size. Arrange them to oven-proof dish along with fingering potatoes. Pour olive oil and salt &pepper over to veggies, and mix well with your hands.
- Place the chicken on top with the veggies. Sprinkle thyme leaves over chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour and 5min.
- Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for 15min, and put veggies back to oven for 15 min.